Work for Mosaic
Program Instructors for
Fall Sessions (September-October) 2013
We are looking for dynamic, creative, warm, exuberant, experienced educators who are passionate about our vision. Instructors will participate in a 5-day staff training followed by five weeks of our residential outdoor school program in Napa, CA
Priority as well as a financial bonus will be given to those who can commit to working both the spring and fall sessions.
- Facilitate games, activities, and discussions that encourage students to appreciate and respect themselves and others.
- Provide a nurturing, safe, fun learning environment for our students.
- Work closely with other staff members to create a magical experience for our students they will never forget.
- Supervise high-school aged cabin leaders.
- Share your unique experiences, talents and skills with our community.
- Minimum age of 24.
- Experience in human-relations/diversity/cross-cultural education.
- Experience working with children, especially ages 9–11.
- Excellent facilitation skills.
- Stamina to work extremely long, but rewarding hours.
- Ability and desire to live and work in a tight-knit, diverse community.
- Medical, counseling, musical, theatrical, and/or art experience is desired.
- Certifications in CPR, Wilderness First Aid, and lifeguarding are desired.
- Passion for youth development, social justice, and creating peace!
Compensation: $425/week plus room and board during the week.
Please do not respond unless you are able to make the entire
6-week commitment between September 7th and October 20th to this residential
For full information, download the Staff Announcement
. Please submit cover letter and resume for consideration to hiring©mosaicproject•org